Natural Indigo Dye Kit - Shibori (wrapper)
Experience the magic of indigo in your backyard! Each indigo dye kit comes wrapped in a unique cotton shibori wrapper, dyed individually in our studio. Each kit will dye 3-8 items, depending on size and depth of shade.
- Natural indigo dye and auxiliaries packed in dissolvable paper*
- Instructions with some shibori ideas for making patterns
- 10 rubber bands for pattern making
- 1 pair of biodegradable latex gloves
This kit will dye natural fibers only such as cotton, linen, hemp and silk. It will not dye man-made fibers such as polyester or nylon.
Suitable for children over the age of 12.
* Our dye auxiliaries include fructose, sugar made from fruits, and food grade calcium hydroxide, also known as lime, used for pickling. Our kits do no use Soda Ash or the reduction agent (thiox or hydrosulfate) or any other harsh chemicals.